- This event has passed.
Christmas Lunch-Bells and Rings
December 17, 2023 @ 12:00 pm - 5:00 pm ACDT$65
Members and friends of The Richard Wagner Society of South Australia
are invited to an end-of-year luncheon at the Seven Stars Hotel
Where we’ll be celebrating Rings and Bells!
With two Australian Ring Cycles being presented this year, it seemed that Rings would be an appropriate theme for the Society’s end of year luncheon. And although Wagner apparently preferred horns, the word ‘ring’ is frequently associated with ‘bells’, and ‘Rings and Bells’ would fit in nicely with the coming Christmas season. The Committee is planning a presentation on the topic, and members wishing to compete for the usual prize, are invited to bring or wear something related to the theme.
This year we’re returning to the Seven Stars Hotel, and have chosen a package of three mains and two desserts.
Mains offered will be:
- 250g Porterhouse, chargrilled medium rare, served with broccolini, dutch carrots, creamy mashed potato and red wine jus;
- Seared Atlantic salmon fillet with green beans, roast tomato and sweet onion cream;
- Pan seared chicken breast with pumpkin puree, parmesan roasted Brussels sprouts and prosciutti crisp.
- White chocolate & raspberry mousse with berry compote and toffee shards;
- Poached apple with toasted oat crumble, berry compote & ice cream.
Price $65 per head to cover the food and room cost. Drinks can be purchased from the bar.
When booking, please indicate if you have special dietary requirements.